Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My friend Tami made me a cake for my birthday! :) 3-layers of pure bliss!! Chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate peanut butter buttercream frosting! YUM!! I ate a piece of cake every day for an entire week and a half. Plus I put 2 pieces in the freezer!! It was so yummy!
For my birthday, we went down to Fredericksburg Virginia, stayed in a hotel and visited some historical sites. The house behind us is the Kenmore house. During the Civil War, the house was turned into a hospital. It was a BEAUTIFUL home! George Washington's sister lived here.
On the grounds of the Kenmore Mansion, they had activities from the colonial time period, one of which was washing the clothes. The boys spent 30 minutes pretending to wash the clothes. Really they just wanted to get wet! :) But it was fun for them.
Every vacation I ever remember had a trip to a fudge shop. This one was no different! On Caroline Street in Fredericksburg, there is the most delightful fudge shop! Delicious fudge!! We bought a pound of fudge - then took the extra to the Memorial Day picnic and let the teenagers from our church eat the rest of it! Oreo cookie, peanut butter, key lime, tiger butter and mint chocolate swirl. YUMMY!!
My birthday week began with Cheesecake Factory and friends! As you can tell, I LOVE food! I LOVE to celebrate with food!! :) Delicious! Ryann, Megan, Heather, Robin, Jill & Tami! It was tons of fun!!

2 comments:

Breeana said...

Oh, man. What a picture to make me miss you guys! :)

Breeana said...

And, of course, Happy Birthday. (That should have come first.)