Friday, June 10, 2011

As part of our monthly activities at church, we had an amazing speaker come and tell her story. Edith Lowry lived in Poland during World War II. She is Jewish and was in a work camp as well as a concentration camp. THE most amazing moment was when she pulled out her outfit that she had to wear. The room was completely silent.
She is an amazing lady. Her brother and mother did not survive. However, she, her father, her uncle, and her aunt survived. I'm not sure I breathed the entire night. What an amazing story! She was asked how strong her faith was. And she said at times it is strong and at times it wavers. She was completely honest. Now, I NEED to go to the Holocaust Museum while we're in D.C. That'll be a trip for my Dad and I. :)

1 comment:

stephrojas said...

That's awesome! I would have loved to have heard her story!